About Me

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Such A Big World: Do I Make A Difference

2 Timothy 2:3 -- Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.
Ecclesiastes 7:14 -- When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other.

Living in such a massive world makes it easy for us to feel like our actions have no significant meaning.  If we just venture out into our solar system we see even more so how small we are.  It is funny though, at the very time we feel so small, we also have the pressures of this world on our shoulders.  Is it not interesting that in the very same second that we feel we cannot make a difference in this world, we allow this world to bring us down to such a level that we feel the size of a sand pebble?  What is it about us that let the burdens we face, directly and indirectly, affect our daily lives to the extent of stealing our joy from us?  Why are we not as quick to be motivated to do good for others, as we are to do good for ourselves?  We need to make a strong effort to reprogram our brains to get just as motivated to help others in whichever way God has placed in our hearts as this is pleasing to God.

            Philippians 2:4 – Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interest of others.
            Hebrews 13:16 – Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. 

Sometimes I cannot help but to wonder how much good this blog is doing for others.  Do people realize or sense how passionately I want to spread His Word to them?  I so strongly wish to introduce God and all His Glory to others so that they may experience His eternal love also, that I cannot help but to wonder if I am failing at the very thing I have such a deep passion for.  Do not get me wrong, I love writing this blog; I feel that if I can just help one person learn whom God is, then this blog will have been a complete success.  But I still wonder if there something I could do better that would help bring more people closer to Christ, a question I am constantly asking myself.  I want to be like a deliveryman who brings you your package.  I pray that you will open the door and accept the most amazing gift you will ever receive, the Gift that is God.

Romans 8:17-18 -- And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.  Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later.

It is very important that God is at the root of our cause.  When I wonder about my effectiveness of bringing others closer to Christ, it is not due to any egotistical agenda that I have.  In no way what so ever do I wish to have a mighty following that seeks what I have to say, but rather people who seek what God has said.  My prayer with each blog post is that God will grant me the ability to reach others for His Glory, that they may seek Him who is the Creator of All.    It is hard to put into words, but once you have experienced the greatness of God you cannot help but to want to do whatever you can to help someone else achieve that same sense of love and connection. 
It is through God that we can find the inspiration we need so that we will not have the feeling of being “just another Joe in this world.”  When God is at the heart of your actions, you will soon realize that your meaning in this world is far greater than you could ever imagine.  Just take a younger brother/sister for example, the affects their older brother(s)/sister(s) can have on them are far greater than the sibling realizes.  So keep your trust in God in all that you do, and know that He will never leave your side; never will God abandon you.  Pursue Jesus Christ our Savior relentlessly, encouraging others to do the same along the way.  In doing so, you will make a difference in both your life and the lives of those you befriend during the journey.

Joshua 1:9 -- This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Seek His Word

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ForeverReignGod